Munching Under the Moon

A moose, munching frozen grasses beside the Glen Highway near Eureka Lodge, Alaska as the moon rises.

Sony a6000, Sony FE 70-200 F/4 G @ 75 mm, ISO-100, f/4.0, 1/125, hand held

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Gary, a neat vertical take on this moose out for a stroll with the overhead moon. The tallest tree in the BG almost looks like it’s pointing to the moon too. Looks like there is some nice subtle detail in the half slice of the moon also…:sunglasses:

Sweet! The moose and it’s raised leg make this work better for me.

I like this Gary. The soft light is beautiful and compliments the snowy wintry conditions. The composition does feel a bit heavy on the left side with the moose, the taller trees and the moon all to the left of center. However, I understand the you wanted to leave space in front of the moose and agree with that compositional choice. All of that is a very minor nit on an an exceptional image!

Very nice, Gary. You managed what I would imagine not easy lighting, and yet you got detail, from the darker moose on the white snow, to the bright lit moon, and all looking very much natural. Love the pink in the sky.

Gary, somehow I missed seeing this earlier. It’s a lovely shot with the moose showing up very well (and that’s hard) along with the subtle colors in the sky and a well exposed moon.