Muskrat in morning fog

Seen recently at a nearby NWR.

Canon 90D, Sigma 150-600 C, puffin pad from vehicle
ISO 400, f6.3, 1/1000s

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

@allensparks.wildlife

Such a cool, moody image. The mood is awesome!

Beautiful subject and great setting!
You may try to enhance the subtle ripples in the water.

Wonderful photo Allen. The fog looks very thick, not sure I would have even been able to see him. I like how the composition compliments the soft calm waters and the single muskrat. Very somber feel.

I love this! The composition is charmingly simple and the negative space works so well with the soft fog. It seems like a small nit but the ripples and the horizontal light tops of some wavelets suggest a CW rotation. I’m pretty sure those elements would be level.

Musky looks good in the fog. Awesome shot…Jim

Allen, I missed this cool shot somehow. Very nice. The fog really helps minimize this image so that it is about the muskrat even though it is a nice environmental type of shot (not cropped in on the subject). Well done.

I like the atmosphere of this image and the lighting, Allen! The composition is just right also. The only improvement I can see would be a clockwise rotation to level the water lines.