My Favorite Place + Repost for Haze Removal

I’m sometimes asked where I go to find the wildlife I photograph, and my answer is, I rarely leave home. Most of my photography is captured from my deck, or in my yard. And, occasionally, I am treated to a sight like this: a paraglider flying past my deck and down the Verdigris River valley. For me, there truly is no place like home.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any, but I’m particularly interested in the row of trees in the foreground. I left them so the viewer could get a sense that the paraglider is flying over a clearing in the valley.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 60D
Canon 70-300mm IS USM zoom @ 300mm
f/6.7
1/350 sec.
ISO 1000
Hand Held
Processed in ACR and PSE 2020 for exposure, sharpness, and cropping. Topaze De-noise applied.

Terry, this is a fine scene, and quite a view from your house. I like how the paraglider stands out against the slightly misty background. The trees along the bottom are important for creating the feeling that this is a clearing and not an extensive open area. I don’t know if PSE gives you a dehaze control, but if it does, you might play with it (both decrease and increase the haze if possible) to see it’s effect.

Thanks, Mark. PSE does have a haze removal feature, and I believe I applied it to this photo. I try not to be too heavy-handed with it, but I may not have applied enough to this one. Please check out the repost.

Terry, the extra haze reduction shows the paraglider better. However, when Adobe does haze reduction it also adds saturation. In this case, the extra purple in the background seems to strong to me, but that’s me… BTW, when you want to compare two versions, it’s easiest if you add the new version to your original post, that lets the viewer switch back and forth in the larger view using the arrows.