my have the kids grown

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I Apologize for not spending more time commenting on the many great photographs that have been posted, but life has gotten in the way. I hope to have some time before Pat & I travel next week. I did spend around 1 of 1/2 hrs. in Manchester checking on the kids. I have been told, the chicks have not yet left the nest. Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback

any

Technical Details

All Three shot started in DXO PhotoLab 6, the middle shot was pressed also in the Nik 6 HDR Elf’s Pro 2 plug-in.
Canon R5, Canon 100-500mm & 1.4ext, f10 700mm, 1/1600, -.3EV, ISO 2000. chopped by 50%.

1 Like

A really nice job on these, Peter. You did a great job of getting them to stand out in that busy background and getting the eyes in juveniles to really show up well is tough, but you pulled it off very well.

Hi Peter, nice catches of this juvenile - looks like s/he is about ready to fledge. I like the cropping showing the surroundings of the bird and nest. To my eye, the first shot shows a fair amount of noise on the bird in the large image. The third image seems to have better image quality in that regard. Still, a fine set of captures.

Hi Dennis & Allen
I when back in DXO made a couple of adjustment on the first shot. (removed the local clarity and change the de-nose setting.)
Thank you for the comments.
Peter
here is the repost and the unprocessed shot.