My Kind of Road

I posted this a couple of years ago from a trip I took through the northern Rocky states. This is a rural Montana landscape and one of my favorite road images from my portfolio.

2 Likes

I agree that this is a wonderful image. A wonderful composition of overlapping wedges created by the road, shadows, hills, and plains. There is also a rich texture road and grass due to the side light coming in. I might consider removing the uppermost clouds on the far right but that’s being pretty picky.

Excellent one, Harley. I have to say as soon as I saw this one I can recall you having posted it before as you’ve mentioned. Needless to say it made an impression at that time and as well as it does this time. One can really feel the peaceful path leading us to what appears to be a wonderful vista ahead… :+1: :+1:

I want to be in a 4x4 and drive all day long out that road. Beautiful story!

Harley, I immediately thought of fall in Montana, before I read your description. The golds and yellows of the fall grass are warmly inviting. That invitation is added to well by the long view into the big valley with the mountains beyond.

It puts you right there, Harley ! Nice variation in light and shade, and the distant prospect, seen through the gap in the rolling hills, is extremely inviting.

Wonderful image of freedom to roam, just what I’m not feeling at the moment. Would love to be there in this instant, and your image with all the lovely textures and colors, the soft light and open spaces evokes a special feeling.

Harley, I can see why this is one of your favorite portfolio images. I really, really want to be on that road right now. There is something about this scene that just draws me right into it. The bright golden grasses on the right side of the road add a lot of foreground interest and the cloud layer beneath the mountain range in combination with the road taking a slight bend to the right has me wondering what’s out there. Like I said, I want to be on that road.