My Red Bud

I had to travel far to get this image; like right from the front porch. LOL. It was an overcast day with periods of rain so I thought the timing was perfect with the colorful spring buds just starting to emerge. The tree itself is only approximately 12’ tall, but I was able to find a couple of compositions in the upper parts of its canopy while not including a couple of houses at the end of the street.

The spring leaves are starting to bud out on some of the trees in the area now so I am hoping to catch some more color on the next overcast day.

As always thanks for taking a moment to leave a thought.

Specific Feedback Requested

All C&C welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D800, Nikon 80-200 @ 145mm, f 18 @ 1/60 sec, ISO 200, cable release & tripod

1 Like

A very nice spring intimate scene here Ed. The processing is outstanding, the colors are so fresh and vibrant. And the green foliage is far enough away that you end up with a creamy, OOF background that really makes the redbud pop. The composition is also nicely balanced with great spacing of the trunks. That Y-shaped branch on the right is very powerful visually, and makes good resting spot for the eye. I’ve only shot redbud on a couple trips to Great Smoky Mountains NP, I wish we had it up here in New England, you are lucky to have this right in your backyard !!!

Absolutely gorgeous Ed. The color contrast is extremely nice and very attractive. No nits whatsoever from me.

What comes from far is not always the best. Nearby makes it all easier and just as beautiful. A fine image, Ed.