My tree is a saguaro

Not sure if this saguaro counts

, but trees are a little hard to find in the desert.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

jtanaturephoto

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
3 Likes

This looks like a tree to me. And this is a very nice image of it, too. Super nice with that golden light and the mountain and clouds in the background. I don’t have a nit at all, James. It’s quite lovely as it is.

1 Like

James, while a botanist might argue with your tree designation, I’m fine with it. This is a great view with the fine light on the Saguaro and foreground rocks, interesting snowy mountains in the distance and an interesting sky. It’s a beauty.

1 Like

James: Works for me. Beautiful light and sky and a fine comp. If you don’t mind divulging, where was this taken? >=))>

1 Like

This was taken NW of Phoenix, near Lake Pleasant and Hell’s Canyon Wilderness. We had an incredible winter with snow levels down to the desert, which made rare saguaro and snow images possible. The view is looking north at the Bradshaw Mountains. Try googling Castle Hot Springs for a beautiful resort, originally established in the 1890s and newly remodeled, in the area. I believe they had the first telephone in AZ.

A classic desert composition done very nicely. Well, cacti and snow are not often associated with one another. I like this very much.

It looks like a desert tree to me. Beautiful image and scene.