Natural Falls

Located about an hour from my house in NE Oklahoma in the state park by the same name, the water falls some 80 feet to the pool below. Formerly privately owned and known as Dripping Springs until the state purchased the 120 acres in which the falls are located in 1990, and changed the name. If it looks at all familiar, it might be because the location was used in the shooting of the 1974 movie, ‘Where The Red Fern Grows’.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 60D
Canon EFS 10-18mm IS STM Ultrawide
f/11
1/20 sec.
ISO 200
Hand Held
Processed in ACR and PSE 2020 for exposure and cropping. Topaz De-noise applied.

1 Like

This is your signature, capturing falls from the top! I like it! I read that book when I was a kid, I remember it being really sad. :(:sob:

1 Like

Ha! I capture falls from the top because I’m too lazy to walk to the bottom! Perhaps laziness is my signature! :laughing: I never really cared for the book or the movie, but that’s probably just me.

1 Like

Ha! That’s funny! I think that’s why I never saw the movie, even though I’ve seen it in lists, because it was sad, didn’t the dog die or something like that? And then a fern grew where he was buried? Which is why I don’t want to see the movie! You probably just don’t like sad stuff!

Yes, you have the gist of it. I think there is enough real-life sadness in the world without fictionalizing scenarios to make us sad.

1 Like

Terry, it’s looks like a beautifully cool and inviting place down at the bottom. I’d sure be tempted to wade/swim in the cool green water of the plunge pool, but can easily imagine it would get hugely crowded and trashed if that’s allowed.

1 Like