Nature or Non on Last Shopping Day Before Christmas

Critique Style Requested: Initial Reaction

Please share your immediate response to the image before reading the photographer’s intent (obscured text below) or other comments. The photographer seeks a genuinely unbiased first impression.

Questions to guide your feedback

I’m a suburbanite and a later riser. So, I don’t have many opportunities to shoot fog. Is this image nature? Perhaps this is an immersion of nature in daily city life. I don’t mind if this image is classified as non-nature – it naturally does not matter. Let it be a foggy judgment.

Other Information

Please leave your feedback before viewing the blurred information below, once you have replied, click to reveal the text and see if your assessment aligns with the photographer. Remember, this if for their benefit to learn what your unbiased reaction is.

Image Description

Let the image tell the story.

Technical Details

Fujifilm x100v , ISO 6400, 1/50th sec, f10
Handheld, couldn’t set up a tripod in the middle of the street

Specific Feedback

Please comment on any aesthetic, conceptual, emotional, or technical reactions. Thanks.

I like this image. To me the subject lies at the end of the strong leading line. The left side of the image works well. The right side is a bit disctracting to me.

I love fog and this is a wonderful interpretation of it, Larry. The camera angle and the lights really work well to create the sense of getting lost in the distance. Probably too much of that “hand of man” issue to call it a nature image, but beautiful and this category suits it fine.

Awesome little camera, Larry. And this is an awesome foggy scene. The B&W treatment works well too. I like it as is. No nits at all. Well done.