Neck and Neck

A couple of cormorants give me the hairy eyeball while I shoot away with Diane and Ted on our Lake Pleasant excursion. Oh those eyes! Was kind of surprised both are in focus. It’s a pretty big crop, but I think it holds up.

Specific Feedback Requested

Processing ideas welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Handheld while Ted tried to maneuver us into better light. Soon after they took off!

Lr for a big crop and a lot of management of tonalities including exposure, white & black points, contrast, clarity, texture, sharpening & noise reduction. Photoshop to remove a distracting object in the water.

@the.wire.smith
1 Like

Cool!! Gorgeous eyes, indeed! I don’t remember even seeing this shot. It was very nice of the closer one to not block the eye of the back one.

Your smaller sensor gives you better DOF than my larger one.

Thanks, @Diane_Miller - I think it was one of those fast get-away type moments where one second they were like this and the next it was all flapping and splashing!

Wonderful light and excellent poses with mirroring head positions. Water color is special.

This does hold up well, Kris. The extra distance did a good job of expanding the depth of field and you got it plenty sharp to support the crop. I like the poses and the water as well.

Thanks @David_Schoen & @Dennis_Plank - the pose is pretty nice and synchronized and I’m glad I was ready for them.