New borns

This peculiar tree caught my attention as the sun bathed the new grown branches.
The dark old barked tree created a gorgeous background to gain some separation from the lush green trees behind.

The obvious shape of the tree dictated my framing and i kind of liked that the light was a bit softer but it was a good morning in the backyard wood non the less.

Specific Feedback Requested

How’s are the colours and overall PP?

Would you change the composition?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
0.8s, f/6.3 ISO 50 at 135mm, single tripod shot

@jferrao.photo
1 Like

You’ve managed to get the little tree well-separated from the big tree even though the big tree is still in good focus. I like it.

I think the composition, colors, and processing look fine. The yellows and greens look great, vibrant but not over-saturated. I also like how you used the big tree to make the front tree stand out from the background. Having the darker tones of the big tree really makes the shape and colors of the little tree pop. My only suggestion would be to slightly burn the highlights in the URC, in order to focus more attention on the center.

The juxtaposition of the two trees is nice - the light colored front tree with the smooth bark and curving lines against the dark straight tree with textured bark. Very nicely done photo. I do think that the upper right area is a little too bright. Otherwise, just wonderful

Thank you so much @Ronald_Murphy, @Ed_McGuirk and @Chris_Baird for your kind words and feedback.
Indeed the URC was a bit to bright, i have burned down the highlight a bit and to me it makes a huge diference.

I also cloned out the dark branches that where in the same corner. To me they were too dark and heavy compared with the surroundings.

Thanks again to all. Cheers

This is a lovely image. And in the repost you have cloned out the dark branches in the URC, that would have been my only comment.

1 Like

Thank you so much @Ola_Jovall. Glad you liked it :smiley:
Cheers