Nice 5 Point

This buck came into the backyard for a sip from the birdbath yesterday morning.

Specific Feedback Requested

Cropping? Background too busy?

Technical Details

Z9, Nikon 200-500 lens, monopod, 1/1600th, f 8.0, 390mm, ISO 4000, Photo AI, cropped to 3502 x 3797

2 Likes

Very cool. Hopefully he made it through rifle season. I like the direct gaze, but would crop a bit more to eliminate the background. Looks like you have the sharpness to do it. Insofar as the bg goes, the right area between the antlers is a bit much so I’d see about toning that down (burning with color in Photoshop might do it nicely) and you could try blurring it more as well since the buck stands out so well and should be easy to mask. He’s so gorgeous, he deserves it. Oh and if you do get in there to edit again, maybe adding a bit of darkening to the light parts of his face would be nice, too. I never see bucks in the yard although my neighbor across the street gets them on the trail camera all the time.

I took your advice and came up with an improved image, I think. I greatly appreciate the suggestions on this site’s critiques. Here’s the new look:

Looks pretty nice! You could add this to your original post if you’d like so we can flip from one to the other automatically.

Nice head shot! And I like the repost given @Kris_Smith 's suggestions. Handsome buck.