Non-breeding male goldfinch

Taken through my open bedroom window. Most of the Goldfinch species that I have seen in the last week is molting though this was just beginning to molt. I liked the head turn on this one. Though the fall migration appears to have started here in the Pacific Northwest, there’s not a whole lot of variety and in my area the numbers are down.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
ISO 640, 400+1.4 X, F5 .6, 2000th, fill flash, around 50% of full frame, light was rather harsh, Sony A1

Very nice bird on a stick, David. I like the pose and the position of the bird in the frame. Well done.

Hi David
This is a perfect example on how too frame a photograph and you need to get a patent on that window.
Nice work.
Peter
Ps
You should post your photograph of the Sharp Shinned Hawk in Critques.

Such lovely light. It brings up texture in the plumage really well. Even with more subdued coloring, these little guys are irresistible. The slight frowsiness on the head is a nice touch.

Nice details and I like the side lighting giving a dramatic look. I also like the relatively thin perch with sparse lichen. A pleasing background with strong diagonals completes a fine image.