Lesser Goldfinch male

Another shot from Southern California. Wish the light was not so harsh but at least it was behind my back. The main difference between the American Goldfinch and the Lesser Goldfinch is the beak. The beak is orange for the American Goldfinch male. Wing bars are also a little different.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
ISO 640, 400+1.4 X, F6 .3, 2500th, 75% of full frame

1 Like

David, what a beauty. I also love the perch he is on. That smooth green background sure makes him and the perch stand out nicely. The lighting doesn’t look that bad to me, you managed it very well. I just can’t think of a thing that would improve this shot. :+1: :+1:

Good pose, detail, and colors. I like the setting with the nice perch and background.

Great pose and perch, David. You did well for harsh S. Cal. lighting. Composition is excellent.

Really nice capture, David. We don’t have Lesser Goldfinches here, so I’m enjoying this. An all-around great shot.

HI David
The Lesser Goldfinch looks very sharp. You did a good job in controlling the exposure. Add in the framing, head turned, eye contact and you come up with a very lovely photograph.
Peter

Light looks good to me. Beautiful bird on a great perch with a really nice background. Nice work.