North Wales Rock Shore

Description: Even when the water is cold, I often find the best part of photographing a rocky shore is getting my feet wet. It also adds magic to the image, of course.

Specific Feedback Requested: any and all

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites) Single image

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

2 Likes

Impressive geological formation appears to be at the waters edge. Exceptional colors, textures, and formation. Nice! Or is that Gneiss?

The colors and shapes are amazing. Finding the water’s edge is also fun. This looks like the second of two posts that were done at the same time. The posting guidelines as that you only post on image to a particular gallery in 24 hours…not a big deal…a gentle reminder.)

I like the contrasts in the photo - the small round rocks and the large humped rocks, the complementary colors of red and green, the textured overlay of the water on the lower rocks and the smoothness of the upper rocks. The gold accents in both the top and bottom help tie them together, while the soft S curve of the dirt separate the two halve. Pleasing photo.

Thank you for the reminder. New to posting here.

Thank you, Chris. It was a wonderful find and I did not even slip and fall in the water!

Hi John, great abstract you have here, with the colorful stones and slight movement of water for a nice effect. Interesting how the stones in the upper half of the frame seem to be predominantly reddish while the lower half is green. I wonder if that has to do with the amount of sunlight they all get?

Yes, I love those variations. The upper part was bedrock while the lower parts were stones and pebbles.