Northeastern Bluebird

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Great Capture John Wayne. It is a great sharp image of this bird and the way the bird is perched on the branch. The only adjustment I would try is to crop out the darker soft branch on the left and maybe a little on the to keep the ratio. However the bird is so clear and sharp not sure if it matters. The color contrast on the bird is very good.

Thanks Dean, I agree with you on the branch.
Wayne

A sharp look at the bluebird in an attractive setting. You did a good job removing the branch on your re-post, though I think I like the original better-it was an interesting perch and to some extent framed the bird and I now feel the light branch draws my eye a bit.

Hi Wayne. I like this view of the Bluebird. Your repost is even better for my taste, but I think Allen has a point. To remedy his observation, you might burn in that bright stub that you revealed with your surgery. I think that would remedy the situation. Very nice work.

Good job on the repost. You have excellent color, clarity, and composition. I do find that the two holly berries in the far right do draw my eye and if you have the time you could surgically remove them. The only other thing I would encourage you to do in the future is add some of your technical data. It makes a difference in the critique.

1 Like

Bird and light look good. I like the repost better but see some cloning marks on the branch you could try and camouflage a little better. For your next session, I’d look for a perch where the background foliage is a bit further away, so it isn’t quite as in focus. I think you could also benefit from resizing the image to something like 1500-1800 pixels on the long side. If you do that, your image quality will be a bit better. Looking forward to more!