Northern Flicker

Out at my local refuge at just after 8 am. The light is nice. I thought about vertical crop but I like the space.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
iso 640, 400 plus 1.4, f5.6, 2500th, 14% of full frame.

3 Likes

Very good, David. I like the composition and the flicker is excellent. I had two drumming against one another this afternoon. One on the Barn Owl box and the other on a Kestrel box. The Owl box had a much mellower sound.

1 Like

Very beautiful shot and it is very lovely lighting.

Too right about the light. It’s great and I like the use of negative space as well. If it were mine I’d try pulling the shadows up a bit and brightening the bird slightly. The detail there is too good to miss.

A really good look at this Flicker, David. I find them notoriously difficult to photograph, but you caught this one in really good light on a terrific perch. Well done.

Nice one David. Good looking pose and perch and you get a nice feel of the cool sunny morning in this one. Well done.

I agree with Kris about the shadows. Add me to the list that agrees with you on the crop. I like the space and being a bit different from what our tendency is. Beautifully photographed!