Northern Harrier

Out hunting in a large grassy field. Didn’t catch anything.

Specific Feedback Requested: I could have cropped tighter, but liked the sense of the open space where he was hunting.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7DII; Sigma 15-600 at 600 mm; 1/1250 at f6.3, ISO 640

1 Like

The Northern Harrier may not have caught anything, but you sure did. Wonderful action shot.

1 Like

Getting a male Northern Harrier is always a special treat. Lovely action shot. I like the grasses and the hunting pose. Sure wish the bird was turned toward you a bit more.

1 Like

Great image, as you captured the ‘essence’ of the harrier for me, which is the hunting pose. Nicely composed image, and agree with Keith about the angle, however since the eye is still visible, it’s certainly no dealbreaker for me. Nice encounter! Cheers, Hans

1 Like

Hi Allen
I think I am just going to play follow the leaders, (Jim, Kieth & Hans). I would only add, maybe trying a local brush on the head an eye to bring up the exposure. Good Work.
Peter

1 Like

I love the typical Harrier hunting pose, Allen. Great habitat as well. While it would be nice to have it facing you, it still works very well this way.

1 Like

Agree with all of the above , beautiful hunting pose over a beautiful grass field.

1 Like

I missed this one, but this is a beautiful editors pick. Great pose, great habitat as was commented before. Congrats.

1 Like

Well-deserved editors pick! Really nice in-flight action!

1 Like