Northern Pintails

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

On a day where there was the occasional sun between rain squalls. This is a composite as I had two shots where neither duck was in focus in both, so I brought the male into this image.

Specific Feedback

Your thoughts are always helpful.

Technical Details

Canon R5; 100-500 with 1.4TC at 420 mm; 1/1000 at f8, -2/3 EV; ISO 1250

Hi Allen, beautiful ducks and it’s nice to see both of them sharp in this composite. The positioning of the two ducks is good too. Well composed.
Some of the vegetation looks unnatural. I suppose as a result of the composite. For example, the reflected vegetation right above the male’s head looks a bit strange in the large size.

Thank you for your thoughts, Allen. I went back to look at the originals and it turns out it was female I composited in. I agree, though, that some of the foliage looks odd, particular the green reflections. Not sure what happened to cause that, but something I need to fix. Thanks.

1 Like

Nice job with the composite image here Allen. I think pintails are my favorite ducks and you got a really nice focus on both of them.

1 Like