NPN app???

I have an NPN app on my iPhone, and a year or so ago I finally got an iPad – mostly to use to run the astro rig — which works very well with the ASIAIR onboard computer. But honestly, as a longtime computer user, the iPad drives me totally nuts! I’d like to have the NPN app on the iPad but the app store doesn’t find such an app with any search I can think of trying.

I can manage to open NPN in Safari on the iPad, at the bottom of the page it says I can install it on any other iOS device by clicking the Share button and telling it to add it to the home screen, but that is not one of the options provided. Same thing if I open it on the iPhone – no option to somehow share it with the iPad.

— longtime computer fossil, back the the days of punch cards before MSDOS.

Alas it is gone. I miss it too. Wish I could have figured out how to side load it from my old phone.

1 Like

Thanks, @Kris_Smith – I’ll quit scratching my head. I have it bookmarked in Safari and Firefox.

Hope you’re having a great trip!!

1 Like

Yes, it is gone from the app store, you can thank Apple for that! But, adding it to your home screen will function identically. Are you sure it’s not in the share menu?

Here are some ideas if it is missing:

1. The website was opened from within another app like Reddit or Facebook, which uses an embedded browser that doesn’t include the “Add to Home Screen” option. To fix this, open the website directly in Safari instead of through the other app.5
  2. The iPhone has 9 or more completely full Home Screen pages with no empty slots available. This can cause the “Add to Home Screen” option to disappear until space is freed up on one of the pages.26
  3. There may be a bug or glitch in iOS causing the option to not appear for some users, even when the above conditions are not met. Potential workarounds include force quitting and relaunching Safari, clearing Safari browsing data, or in rare cases restoring the iPhone.12
  4. Ensure Safari is not in private browsing mode, as the “Add to Home Screen” option is not available there. Close all tabs and windows to exit private mode.1
  5. As a last resort, guiding the user to manually find and tap the “Add to Home Screen” icon located in the Share sheet by scrolling to the right may work if the button is present but not easily visible.34