Ochlockonee River view

This was taken in the late afternoon about 30 minutes before sunset on an overcast day and obviously in a area with thick cover. I just liked the overall mood portrayed.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any and all, but in particular is the image too dark or too light for the given time of day and the given weather conditions. Also, please give me your thoughts on saturation - too much/too low/ or just right.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D810 w/80-400 @ 90mm
1/4 sec @ f/11 - 200 ISO
tripod

@simpynatureart
1 Like

So lovely. Cypresses are some of the most magical trees I’ve ever experienced. You’ve caught these at a lush and fresh point. Exposure looks fine to me, although the blacks could be pulled down a bit without detriment. The composition looks inviting - I want to point my kayak down that channel and explore. The only thing I’d do is crop or adjust the reflection of … something above in the left lower edge. It’s a little distracting from those trees and who needs that? Saturation looks just fine to me. My only time with these trees while they were green was during some rain and the saturation then was off the hook.

1 Like

Bill, there is a wonderful balance to this image for me that I really admire. The reflection conveys the serenity of the scene nicely to me. I also appreciate the natural look of the image due to your careful processing. A large print would do it justice in my opinion!

1 Like

Nice work here Bill. I really appreciate you more subtle processing, you have achieved some nice tonal variations between green and yellow that really add some visual interest to the scene. And you were fortunate enough to have calm water to portray those wonderful reflections. The composition looks very well balanced, with a good ratio between reflection and landscape.

1 Like

Hi Bill,

This image works well for me. I like the graphic shape of the trunks and the hanging foliage.

To answer your questions the saturation and luminosity look good to me.

1 Like

Thanks @Kris_Smith , @Peter_Richter , @Ed_McGuirk , & @Nathan_Klein for your comments and kind words. Greatly appreciated!

Like the other, I am entranced by the scene you conveyed. Your composition both lets me look all around, and it draws me into the scene.
I wondered if burning a vew elements would increase depth, so tried that in the attached. I realize that might depart from the mood you are trying to convey.
Also I flipped it and like the way that draws my eye back and to the right,