Old land

A father’s joy: I started hiking with my daughter about 23 years ago, when she was 7. We still go out together sometimes. This image was shot a few years ago during a week’s hike in central France, where the landscape was shaped long ago by vulcanic activity. Now it is a sparsely populated area with low (6000 feet), rounded mountains. Very inviting for those who love hiking in solitude.
No fancy camera equipment with me during those walks: a simple Olympus Stylus 1 does the job. I chose to save in jpg-only this time, a choice I regret. Anyhow, this is the result.

Specific Feedback Requested

All feedback is welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Olympus Stylus 1, 38mm (equiv.), ISO100, 1/160s, f/3.2

1 Like

Hans, this is a very inviting, peaceful view. I like the contemplative mood that the overcast sky and subtle colors in the land create. The faint but clear trail speaks to light use as its wide shows how long it’s been being used.

Lovely scene!! There is just the right amount of trail to bring me into the image for further exploration!

Your composition is very nice Han. I like how the faint path leads you into the background, where you can enjoy and follow the mountain contours. Would prefer the meadow a bit brighter though.