Old train station in Greece

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I like the abandoned atmosphere

Technical Details

Fujifilm XT-2, XF10-24 mm F4
Focallength 21,90
1/60 sec, f/8, ISO 200 Handheld

1 Like

I like it, too. I love it!! Your treatment is so perfect to bring out that feeling even more. The tracks add so much to the story. The cloudy sky gave you perfect light and fits the mood so well. I wonder about burning down the top even more (with a bit of increased contrast) to add to the gloom.

1 Like

Excellent image Kostas. I like the feel that the vegetation is growing out of the foreground building and the way the top of the window in the rear building shows that the roof is missing. The disused road and tracks make great leading lines. We have a local train station in much the same condition, but alas, the tracks are gone and there’s an active house in the background that ruins the feel. The lighting and sky in this image really add to the feel of the image. Well done.

1 Like

Marvelous image. So Romantic. You can feel the age. Would love to see this in person. It has a lot of character.

1 Like

I like this a lot Kostas. The somber colors and dark moody sky really add to the feeling of desertion or abandonment in this.

1 Like