On a sunny, hazy morning

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Always welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Nikon D810, F8, 1/20, iso 100, 16-35 at 32mm

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
5 Likes

Beautiful light and scene. Great mood to the image, nice sense of both depth and mystery.

A real winner in my opinion. An already great image is taken to still another level with the man and his dog. Great stuff. Nothing to suggest.

Beautifully captured. Tells a wonderful story. Well done.

Another really nice image Ben, your recent posts have shown a great ability to shoot into the sun. The light rays and backlit autumn trees are wonderful. But I agree with @Igor_Doncov that the inclusion of the man and dog really take this up to another level. Processing looks right on the money, I love this image as presented, very nice work.

Ben, I can only echo the others on this scene and have to say this one of my favorites of your work you have posted here on NPN.
Beautifully done!

Ben, I really like this image. It’s a great composition, with a deft hand in post-processing to make the scene feel real. The control of depth through atmospheric perspective is excellent. It really elicits the feeling of slowly walking through quiet country parks on a spring morning.

It’s interesting that a common standard for evaluating an image is “does it look real”. Of course, a photographer will always make decisions from framing and exposure to processing that emphasizes the “reality” that he or she sees in the scene. An image created looking into the sun, in my “reality”, will always be high contrast with significant dark tones. Brightening the dark tones to bring out more detail seems to be a common approach, as too much black negative space can often be ineffective. But brightening the dark areas too much counteracts a lot of the effect that a backlit scene contains.

Hopefully, food for thought. This is a beautiful scene and a pleasing image, but I think it has potential for so much more.

What would you like to see different, Rick?

2 Likes

Ben,

Beautifully classic. Dreamy. Wouldn’t change a thing. Wonderfully seen, captured and presented. No nits or suggestions.

Lon

Thank you, Harley for this fine comment !

Again I am so happy with your reactions on this one, Igor !

It’s always nice to see that one find’s a story in my image. Thank you Bill !

Ed, all your comments give me self confidence in my photography . Thank you so much, Ed !

I am happy that so many members find my image special. Thank you , Alan for your nice reaction.

It’s nice to know that this image brings a good feeling to you. Thank’s for this comment, Richard.

To speak with Igor. What would you like to see different, Rick ?

Like Ed you give me self confidence in photography. Thank you for this comment, Lon !

Rick, it would be helpful to @Ben_van_der_Sande if you were more specific about what you think needs to be done to bring this to its full potential. The comments you made prior to this are not direct enough for me to fully determine what you think needs to be done differently to this image.

1 Like

Ben, this is a winner in my book. I also like the man and the scooter (is it a scooter or is it a dog?) but the icing for me is to be able to make out that mansion at the end of the tunnel. Very very satisfying.