On Your Mark

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Not sure if this is Dash since I shot this in a different section of the garden. It was predawn thus the slow SS and I trashed a bunch of shots due to motion blur. I was also using my old reliable 200mm macro and it’s AF is so slooooooow compared to using the 70-200. I thought she looked like she was on the starting block for a race.

Technical Details

Sony A7RIII
Minolta 200mm macro
ISO 1600, 1/15 @ f11

Hi Bill, I really like the composition here with the dragonfly on the end of the perch (with a nice ending curl) and the pleasing background. Image is sharp where it needs to be (the head).
This looks like a male Blue Dasher and I think the other one you’ve been posting had the markings of a female.

I love the selective focus in this image, Bill. The detail in the face and eyes is awesome. Composition with that perch leaning in just the right direction is superb.

Oh, this is nice, Bill. Those DFs are being kind to you this year and posing for you. I like this shot. The perch, BG, composition and color, all works together nicely.

Bill, the pose and the colorful background make this view great. This “watching” pose, standing on the tip of a leaf is one I often see when a male has claimed a small pond. Since you don’t have a pond, I guess it’s watching for food to fly past.

Very nice catch under difficult circumstances!