Open Door Policy

There’s a car/truck graveyard in Crawfordville, Fl that I frequent whenever possible. I’ve already posted one from over there called Late Night Talk Show. Fun stuff to shoot.

This is a showing on what I shot and what it led to using three overlays of rusted truck bed panels/doors, etc.

When I can’t sleep, I play. Don’t we all?

Specific Feedback Requested

I wasn’t particularly interested in the primary setup being a little OOF because I knew I some point I would futz with this image. I just wonder if the overall effect is pleasing to the eye.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: Yes
D810, 15-35 Tokina at varying focal lengths, f/4.5-16, I1/250, ISO 250

Two of the panels were shot on different days.

Lots of ACR and Photoshop and a lot of TK8 luminosity masks.

1 Like

Chris, I love the various rust abstracts. Excellent. I think the first image is an excellent candidate for a focus stack treatment. It would really give it the depth it needs. I also really like the overlay effect on the third image. Very cool.

1 Like

It is and next time I go back there will do exactly that…limited time this trip and rapidly fading light made it a hurry up shot. I really don’t think in the final image, it makes a whole lot of difference to the overall impact.

I like the composite image, and yes it is fun to play! But what I like the most is the possibilities of the scene shown in the first image. I am looking forward to see the result from your next visit, when you maybe make that scene alone the star.

1 Like

HAH!!! We need an EP here for the best titles!

I love the idea in the first and the texture overlay in the last one – it is perfect for the subject. I love finding texture shots and have great fun doing things like that.

1 Like

A very graphic collection of abstracts here, Chris. So much so I had to reach for my shot records to see if I was up to date on my tetanus shot & boosters…a really fun view of this old “rusty” boneyard collection… :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like