Open(ing) spaces

When I was flying. 2x/month, I had enough pull to always get the window seat I wanted to see and photograph our amazing world. No guarantees the windows, of course, would be as transparent as I wanted but many were workable. In LR I could increase contrast and reduce the blue to get a pretty remarkable image (now “de-haze” does wonders). Flying out of Tulsa, Oklahoma this field quickly came into view, the field was being opened and the stubble of the previous crop plowed under the rich, dark soil. The patterns immediately attracted me. In the LL corner is an “object” with a familiar John Deere green color.

Specific Feedback Requested

any and all

Technical Details

Pentax K-7, 1/500, f/8.0, 120mm, ISO200 with adjustments to contrast, tone curves, noise reduction, sharpening and cropping in LR

3 Likes

Very cool landscape, John. Well done.

Oh man! These irregular shapes with lines and curves and even squiggles are incredible. Was the farmer high on something, or developing a landing strip for aliens? :crazy_face:
It’s great that you caught this landscape abstract!

1 Like

Really unique patters and aerial image John. At first glance, the patterns reminded me of a flag. I like the geometric shapes in the image. I would probably clone out the bright buildings in the lower right.

1 Like

That is the strangest plowing I’ve ever seen! Those colors are lovely. Lucky you to get the window seat all the time!