Orange-Crowned Warbler

One from a couple of weeks ago. between bouts in the bath. I liked the way it was showing off the orange crown in this image.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Anything.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

How does this crop work?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

7DII, Sigma 150-600 C @ 600 mm, tripod with ball head and Sidekick, f/8, 1/500, iso 1600, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to 2630x3088 before resizing for the web. Taken July 6th at 2:13 pm under partly cloudy skies.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

This is a unique angle to view this warbler, Dennis. I like the pose, your composition and the elements in the image, especially the color scheme and light. The eye appears slightly soft to me and the focus point seems to be just behind it.

I LOVE the wet look, Dennis. Warblers are already special but this look is just very different. I really like the perch, too. The crop works for me. I think with the head slightly tilted to the right of the frame, we tend to want more rooms there but I think it will make the balance a little off. I agree with Govin about the focus point. It seems like a little more depth of field to cover the entire beak will be ideal.

Terrific capture of the orange crown and love the wet look. Agree on the point already made about the focus point.