Orange-crowned Warbler & Repost

One of the few times I’ve managed to get a shot of one of these before it made it into the bath, though the bath did clinch the ID. This was taken a couple of days ago when in the course of a morning and afternoon session I had four Warbler species, the one local Oriole, my favorite flycatcher, both local Chickadees and a few other assorted birds come to the drips at my blind (most of them within a couple of fifteen minute bursts of activity).

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Anything. I did a fair amount of work on the broken stub to subdue it-it was pretty bright in the original. Does it still look natural? I also burned a large bright background area along the right side.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Anything.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

7DII, Sigma 150-600 C @ 600 mm, tripod with ball head and Sidekick, f/8, 1/250, iso 2000, fill flash at -2 1/3 manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to 4884x3234 with just a touch of added canvas on the bottom. Taken at 9:38 am under overcast skies.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

It’s a pity that the near feet is covered by that broken branch, Dennis. Otherwise, this is such a lovely pose on a very nice perch. I am not quite sure about the BG especially on the right hand side, Dennis. Have you considered doing something to it? It doesn’t look like a simple job, though. The details on the bird look extremely good.

Hi @Adhika_Lie. Does this background look better? It’s pretty simple to mellow one out. I always put the bird on a separate layer anyhow, so I just had to put the perch on one as well, then I could play with the background with impunity.

1 Like

I like what you did with the new background. Superb!