Orchid Number Two

The Orchids are blooming around our pool and my wife wanted some photos. Since they are all in pots they were easy to move to my make shift studio on our lanai. The light set up is the same as Orchid Number One with the right light above lens height about 18 inches.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Nikon D850 110mm f2.8 macro, 1/30sec F8 iSO 320, 8 frame focus stack blend.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

kellyireland1955

1 Like

Lucky you Kelly, to have these gorgeous orchids blooming around your pool. I love the colors and the detail in each flower is wonderful. Really nice capture>

Lovely composition, Kelly and the black background sets the blooms off nicely. I also like your lighting. Well done.

Kelly: Superb portrait of these beautiful subjects. One thing I would like you to consider is resizing your posts. NPN guidelines do recommend a minimum of 1500 pixels on the long side but posting full resolution images does tax the server a bit and at full resolution only a small portion shows up on the screen. Thanks for your consideration and for such fine posts. >=))>

Sorry Bill, I just missed this one before posting. Glad you like my photograph.

Kelly
A gorgeous flower and a treatment worthy of it! I like this one on the black background. The black brings out the striking colors of the orchids.

Beautiful job shooting these orchids. They are a difficult subject for me. Your lighting is just perfect. No nits here.