Oregon Coast

What technical feedback would you like if any? Canon XT R ebel, 17-40L, Tripod, CPL

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any pertinent technical details:

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

This looks a lot like certain areas of the Cape Breton coastline. Such impressive cliffs and power of the water crashing against them. I find I want to wider view… But realize there are usually some obstructions that won’t allow a different perspective (in this case falling into the ocean). The only realistic suggestion would be increase the saturation just a bit.

Have a great holiday!

I like your photo, Danny. You did not indicate what it is you were looking for as far as comments or critique, but here goes. I always enjoy seeing images of cliffs extending into a coast line. I love the potential visual drama. This particular image and setting has quite a lot to offer. The dark mid tone colors of the cliff and the green/gray sea work very good together. The white surf break framing and highlighting the cliffs holds my attention and gives excellent movement to the image. Always like to see Pine trees set against the sky, their spiky outlines and shapes almost always enhance an image by providing a subtle texture. I think it is always difficult to determine how much sky to show in theses coastline photos, many times it can be negative space that does not add that much to an image. But you’ve got a pretty good one to work with…a billowing cloud and a nice highlight. Overall some great elements are at work, but I think the image needs better balance. I don’t believe the two large land forms really need the foreground bushes. It also bothers me that the first surf break is cut off. If it was possible to capture the full surf break, the repeating visual would be so much stronger. With dramatic locations like this one, finding the right shooting angle is so frustrating and difficult…many times just darn inaccessible. I would like to see the cliffs jutting into a little more ocean, and a bit more sky to more closely balance the face size of the cliff. Overall a nice image of the continual drama and interplay where ocean meets land. Would love to know the location.

Kind of surprised there weren’t more views or comments on such a strong landscape image.