Our Distant Cousin

I had the fortune to visit Gunung Leuser National Park in Sumatra when I went home to visit my parents in Indonesia this year. The national park hosts a number of orangutans that had undergone rehabilitation a while back but are living in the wild on their own now. This particular female had even already born a child in the wild. The rehabilitation center was closed in 2002. All feedbacks are most welcome!

Nikon D500, 300mm, f/4, 1/320, ISO 10,000

@adhikalie

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.!

Love the expressions and the pose…
but I’m not happy about cut picture has got, without both the hands and feet. :frowning:

Wonderful pose of one of our closest relatives. You remind us of the beauty, and fragility, of this beautiful creature. Well captured!

Thanks @JRajput and @Chuck_Gangas!

Jagdeep, I see your reservation about the missing limbs. Her right “hand” was behind the tree though so I am not sure if it will create any imbalance if the other trees are showing. Regardless this is uncropped so I do not have it in frame anyway. This is something that I will keep in mind in the future so I would use a wider field of view to capture. I just hope that the missing limbs do not appear cut off.