Stump-tailed Macaque & Infant

During our recent trip to Thailand last October we visited a Monastery near our lodge. This was an impromptu visit because we encountered heavy rains that canceled a few of our hide scheduled photo ops. The monks, we were told, place long green beans out along a road on the grounds every afternoon around 5PM to feed the local Stump-tailed Macaques. And on queue several troops showed up to jockey and fight for position. Here I caught an image of a mom and her infant waiting out the commotion in the rain.

The scene required a fairly high ISO which is apparent but I felt was warranted to capture the image .

Keang Krachan, Thailand

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any and all comments are appreciated.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any pertinent technical details:

D500
500mm f/4
1/250s @ f/8
ISO 4000
Gotzo Monopod w/ RRS MH head

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Excellent composition, subject matter, and execution, Chuck. Well done.

excellent behavioral image. Mom’s eyes are beautiful -
The rain-soaked fur adds a lot of interest.
a very high degree of noise, though - surely could be reduced.
Sandy

Yes Sandy you’re right, the file I posted (2000px) needed another more aggressive round of NR which I realized after I posted. I miss the delete feature from the old format.

I miss it too - I regularly posted the wrong version, but we CAN post a second, corrected image.
I imagine we can also delete the image from the first post (go to EDIT, remove the link for the first image, replace it with the second image link, and insert “see replacement image next” . It won’t let you delete the whole post, but you can delete the image and replace it, although it stays in the “history”
S

Beautiful expressions and I love the soulful eyes, but the noise is too much.
I would have preferred a touch more canvas at the bottom, so that hand is not cut and the curve of baby’s body is shown.