Our first snow

One whole week we had some snow and ice. Now it’s almost gone again.

Specific Feedback Requested

All feedback is welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

Great contrast of seasons and the emotion it brings forth. Nicely done, Ben.

Truly enjoying just the hint of green in the foreground grasses, Ben. This image has such a serene / calm feel. Nicely seen and captured.

Hi Ben,

Great use of the selective focus and depth of field choice; very effective with the bg OOF AND also the fact that it’s monochromatic letting the grass bunch really stand out.

Enjoying this quite a lot and also echo Harley’s comments as well.

Lon

Is that the sun in the UR quad? cool.

At least you were able to get out and shoot while the snow lasted. Ben I love both the OOF look of the background here, and the contrast of green against the monochromatic background. I think the shapes of those OOF trees are very interesting. I might consider a crop from the top, to a more panoramic format. For me this would place more emphasis on the shapes of the trees. Rework for illustration

@Harley_Goldman , @linda_mellor , @Lon_Overacker , @Ed_McGuirk . Thank you all for your thoughts over my image. Lon, yes it’s the sun ! Ed thank’s for your rework. My feeling says me to stay with the 2:3 version. Although I like your version. And that is the beauty of photography. Much is possible .

1 Like