Still winter?

No snow, no real cold or ice. The light stays !

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.
  • Conceptual: Feedback on the message and story conveyed by the image.
  • Emotional: Feedback on the emotional impact and artistic value of the image.
  • Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

While it was an overcast day. The forest not so interesting . This path was a bit heavenly because that special light coming in. It made my day .

Technical Details

F11, 1/80, iso125, 79- 200 at 125mm

3 Likes

Who need snow when you have light like this, Ben! I can see why this made your day as the lighting is sublime and leaves me with a feeling of joy as I walk along the path toward that light. Beautifully done.

You have captured such splendid light Ben. Light at the end of the tunnel of trees.

Beautiful scene and wonderful lighting, Ben. Whenever I go out on my own walkabouts, I think about your wonderful images and try to find something like them here…so far…still looking.

Awesome.

Ben,

Wash. Rinse. Repeat. Who needs snow and ice, when you have light? That’s a great message and so very true.

I’ve said this before - I think you have your own private nature preserve with your own light and subjects. Beautiful light here and the composition with the path and the “light at the end of the tunnel” effect, well is just beautiful.

Can’t think of anything to suggest. Thank you for sharing.

Lon

All those wonderful lines and arcs. There is of course a spirituality here. But there is also something ominous about the tree on the left. I love the composition with its overlaying branches. I also like the only spot of color in the lower left.

@Ed_Lowe , @Eva_McDermott , @David_Bostock , @Lon_Overacker , @Igor_Doncov .By all your comments I begin to realize that the light conditions overhere must be rather special. Just at the local park and the dunes.
And @Igor_Doncov there is also some yellow at the upper right in the hazelnut tree as you call it I think.
Thank you all so much for your wonderful comments !!

And I am very happy with the editors pick :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Ben

Yes, @Ben_van_der_Sande, those are yellow “catkins” (as we called the hazel flowers in Ireland, originally a Dutch word for kitten - we also called them “cat’s tails”) - one of the first signs of Spring, which adds to the drama of this very evocative image.

@Mike_Friel , Mike , Thank’s for this nice comment and of course your explanation about those “catkins”. :smile:

Ben

1 Like