Early Spring

Image Description

Light in the distance
Longing for an early spring
Carefully yellow

Type of Critique Requested

• Conceptual: Feedback on the message and story conveyed by the image.

• Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

Walking in the forest(park) I always see many opportunities which cry out to be photographed .Most of the time because of the light coming in. And when it has to tell me something, Also with this image.

Technical Details

Nikon D850. 24-70 , 2.8 lens at 70mm, F8, 1/50, iso 125.

2 Likes

You always capture such stunning forest light Ben! The light playing with the leaves and branches seems to create a swirling effect on the right portion of the image. Beautiful work.

It’s interesting that this has both the sense of winter and spring in it, hence the title. I agree that the sense of light is what makes this image. It’s both chaotic and structured at the same time. Lovely, and full of hope.

Ben, your image conveys the sense of awakening spring wonderfully to me. There is even a kind of mystic and transcendence in the distant bright light for me. The visual flow invites me to explore the whole composition, while the firm structure given by the trunks and branches always keep my attention within the frame. Great artistic work in my opinion.

Ben,

You are truly mastering the art and vision for light. You have seen and captured a scene that absent any special light, it would be what we might call here in the states… a “rat’s nest”. I may have used that term before, but it’s really just a term for messy chaos… You have recognized and taken advantage of that moment where the light has transformed a scene , a moment in time - and not just the light, but the emerging spring greens that now tell a wonderful nature story.

Lon

I agree with others that the light really makes this image come alive. Amazing what you were able to see in a scene that without light would be appear unremarkable.

Another magical woodland scene with some stunning light, Ben. While it is chaotic the chaos has a sense of structure as though everything is perfectly placed. I am particularly enjoying the way the backlighting is showcasing the lovely spring greens. There are lots of details that let my eye wander around and savor this image. Beautifully done! I know I have said it before, but you have an eye for capturing these kind of scenes that I would probably miss.

An unremarkable scene enhanced greatly by light in the right location. You have a knack for seeing the light. That yellow leafed branch in the center of the image is screaming Spring while the rest of the image is mired down in winter still. I’m glad this scene spoke to you, Ben. It’s well captured and presented.

@Eva_McDermott , @Igor_Doncov , @Peter_Richter , @Lon_Overacker , @Ed_Lowe , @David_Haynes , @DeanRoyer ,
About the light .
I am aware of considerable progress since I joined NPN. Not aware of that vision of light.(@Lon_Overacker ). To me the light is just there to grasp.
It becomes more difficult to make images I myself and you all can enjoy . Maybe that is a good outcome .
It’s all because of all those great critiques (comments) I got from you all !!
Thank you all so much! :smiley:
I hope to keep it up.
Ben

1 Like