Over-achiever

This orb weaver managed to snag a mantis, far larger than herself. After seeing this, I rewarded her with another that I’d beheaded (the mantises are non-native here and damaging to the native insect ecology).

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Anything

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Anything

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

5DIII, 180 mm f/3.5 macro with 1.4 TC, tripod and ballhead, 4 image stack at f/16, 1/80, iso 1600. Stacked in Helicon Focus and further processing in LR & PS CC. Cropped from a horizontal original to a 2864x3622 vertical. Taken September 12th at 10:01 am.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Dennis: Looks like this should fill the pantry for a while. I like the fall color palette and how the spider fits right in. Top notch shot. >=))>

Dennis, I too like the warm brown (fall colors) tones and how the spider blends in well with those tones. The dew drops and the prey are nice extras.

Wonderful photo Dennis. I love the clarity you’ve gotten the the tiny water droplets and the spider. The soft “fall” colors make the whole scene very pleasant, in an odd sort of way. Nicely seen and captured>

Very well executed Dennis. And thanks for including the steps you used to get this delightful end result!

Hey Dennis,
How have you been ?
I have always been amazed that a Mantis is no more than a food source for a Spider, great look at the results of this match-up.