Overtaken by Passion...(Flowers That Is) + Rework

REWORK (less cheery):

ORIGINAL:

Abandoned in Mendocino County.

What technical feedback would you like if any? What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any critique welcome.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

a73r, 24-105@38mm, f/16, 1/80s, ISO 400

This is lovely Bonnie. Really enjoy how the vines have created a wonderful diagonal line right to the window. A little sad to be so obviously abandoned, but a very nice photo.

1 Like

Bonnie, a wonderful entry on the WC theme. Whenever I see any item in decay or decline as it were, the thought is immediate about the history. What could the items tell us about the times. Good, bad, or sad.
The only thought for change is minor. Maybe a slight turn down in overall brightness or reflective glare using Exposure> Gamma. Just a thought.

1 Like

Wonderful contrast between the building and the passionflower’s. I really like the diagonal separating the two.

1 Like

I like the dark, dark window contrasting with the white frame and the rest of the image. The composition is really pleasing!

1 Like

Bonnie, I like the mix of attractive and weathered. It’s interesting to contemplate that 5 - 10 steps closer would let you show only the passion flowers and the audience would never know what was under the vine.

1 Like

Thanks, @Paul_Breitkreuz, @David_Schoen, @linda_mellor, @Mark_Seaver, and @Mark_Muller, for your comments.

Paul, I got to thinking about your comment, and thought that perhaps I’d overdone the brightening of the wall. It’s a bit cheerful for the subject matter. So, I went back to the drawing board and started over. I think v2 better represents the idea of abandoned (posted with the original).

Bonnie, that seems much better to my eyes. Really nice rework.

1 Like