Pacific Jumping Mouse

I was in my bird blind a few days ago when I saw motion at the back of my ground pool. It turned out that it was this mouse. Initially, it was eating a blade of grass, then it went down to the pool very briefly before something seemed to startle it (perhaps a bird coming in). It didn’t seem bothered by the sound of the shutter. The ID is somewhat tentative, but I have other shots showing part of the tail (too long for a vole) and one of the hind legs (too long to be much else). The problem I’m having with the ID is that the books say there should be a sharp demarcation between the color of the back and that of the sides, and I’m not seeing any.

Pacific Jumping Mouse

Specific Feedback Requested

Is the out of focus foreground rock on the right too much

Technical Information:
7DII, Sigma 150-600 C @ 546 mm, tripod with ball head and Sidekick mount, f/8, 1/400, iso 2000, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped from the right, full height.

I like the diagonal position of subject, with so many patterns of green and that sparkling eye is adding life to the image.
I have absolutely no problems with oof rock on RHS.

Great shot of this little guy, Dennis. I can’t help you with the ID, as I live on the east coast, so haven’t seen anything quite like it before. Perfect timing with him going down to the water. Just enough of the water showing that the viewer knows his intent. Great natural looking setting too.