Panamint Mountains Sunset

I had a real nice sunset from my camping spot. A cloudscape.

D850, 70-200mm

2 Likes

I quite like what you get here, Harley. Not very often the clouds line up these well compositionally.

Harley,
Lovely colors and I like your choice of the proportion of sky to mountains. The upper line of clouds provides a nice framing layer to the scene.

Sweet! Beautiful color contrasts. Agree with Adhika on some very nicely balanced clouds. The pano crop works well and processing look great on my iPad.

What gorgeous colors. There’s even a pink tint on the snow! I agree on the layers of clouds - they are lined up so perfectly.

Stunning sky Harley. The pano works great.

Wow Harley, you sure were treated with some epic skies - and color! Great, maybe obvious choice on the pano crop. I think having the dusting of snow on the peaks works very well here too keeping the mountains from going completely silhouette. No complaints here, other than not being able to witness this.

Lon

Harley, I have to say this is one pretty epic sunset from your campsite. I do not know how it could be any better than this. The warmth of the clouds is stunning and I love the soft glow on the peaks. The snow on the mountains works really well as does the pano format. No suggestions from me.

Wow, what an epic sunset. But your processing of this light and color is excellent. The clouds and sky have such a luminous look that it makes me feel like I am witnessing this sunset in person. I also think you included the perfect amount of pink cloud along the top edge to showcase the more scattered clouds below. Really outstanding work on this image Harley :+1: :+1: