Pano at Zabriskes, Death Valley

At some point on the way up - on what I call a narrow ridge - I had to stop whilst the others went on ( you can see a couple in the RHC.
Manged to level the tripod and take a few verticals stitched into this pano

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Are the shadows still too blue ?
Too pano-ish ?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Nicely done pano. I would say that the shadows on the far mountains are a bit on the bluish side. Maybe dial the blue back just a tad. I like the inclusion of the people for scale.

1 Like

This is very nicely done Karl, nice job on the processing here, great combination of warm and cool tones. Exposure, contrast, colors all look great. I don’t think the shadows on the mountain are too blue, you need them blue to have the nice warm/cool color contrast. I wouldn’t change the color temperature of the blue mountain shadows, but maybe try slightly reducing the blue saturation in that area instead.

Is this too pano-ish? This is a matter of personal taste, and a matter of intended use. For presentation at NPN, the large size image doesn’t display too well, given the constraints on image size. But man, I would love to see this printed large !!!

I can see why you went as wide as you did, the alpenglow on the left side of the mountains is more interesting to me than it is on the right. And you gain a nice story by including the tiny figures for scale on the right. There is nothing here that is not interesting, and can see why you did what you did. But I think this translates best into a print.

How many verticals did you need for this stitch?

Thanks @Ed_McGuirk - very generous of you - will try your suggestions. The guy standing up on the far right adds to the story or else I would have a more forgiving pano. Besides no skies that stand out - I took about 9-10 shots I believe with 40% overlap
I wonder if the guys ( @David_Kingham ) saw it differently ?
And yes - print might look good.