Paradise Valley Sunrise

Critique Style Requested: Initial Reaction

Please share your immediate response to the image before reading the photographer’s intent (obscured text below) or other comments. The photographer seeks a genuinely unbiased first impression.

Questions to guide your feedback

Sunrise, looking North in Paradise Valley. My neighbor was heading out early, so I burned in his house lights slightly. Otherwise there’s very little post-processing of this 4 horizontal shot pano.

Other Information

Please leave your feedback before viewing the blurred information below, once you have replied, click to reveal the text and see if your assessment aligns with the photographer. Remember, this if for their benefit to learn what your unbiased reaction is.

Technical Details

24-105 @ 105, tripod and cable release

2 Likes

Mark, this is a killer sky. For me the larger version provides a wonderful open valley area view with the ranch style home and outdoor lighting. Such a contrast between the dramatic sky and the extremely peaceful “home on the range” valley area… :cowboy_hat_face:

Gorgeous sky, Mark, but it’s just getting really, really interesting on the right where it’s chopped off.

PS. There’s just a bit of a fringe at the top of the range of low hills on the left-not sure what from.

PPS. Did you mean this to be “Initial Reaction”? The only thing blurred out was the lens information and that you used a tripod.

Wow, what a sky. These are really spectacular colors in the clouds. That’s what we all wish for when we think of a sunset.

If I had to change something in the picture, it would be the mountain in the center. It looks a bit bright in contrast to the rest of the picture.

Hi Mark! My first thought was that i wanted to walk through my computer screen and just hang out in that landscape. I also wish that i could have captured that color in the sky, seems like the kind of color that would send a person running for their camera.

My initial reaction is OMG, what an amazing expansive sunset vista!! If this image has very little processing then you did an incredible job with the exposure when you took it. The sunset is perfect yet you still have plenty of detail in the foreground and mountains. Very, very nice, Mark! :+1: :clap:

1 Like

What a sky! The home in the foreground, present but unobtrusive, helps establish a sense of place. Very nice Mark!