Valley cloud during a Paradise Valley sunset

A sunset view from our MT house, with the special attraction of a low hanging valley cloud climbing out of the Mill Creek valley onto the slopes of Chico Peak. Low hanging clouds like this are one of the pleasures of mountain valleys in the Rockies.

5D3, 24-105 F4 IS II @ 85 mm, 1 s, f/10, iso 200, tripod

1 Like

A lovely scene, Mark. I can see why it’s a favorite and why you enjoy living there.

Beautiful sky and one heck of a backyard view! I am sure your camera was level, but I might be tempted to rotate the image to make the “horizon” at the base of the mountains level. This is a fine looking scene.

Mark, this sky reminds me of the magenta I see at times in the desert and it illuminates the landscape with some really intense light. The view from your home here in MT. is simply amazing. I can only imagine the amount of peaceful pleasure you must enjoy with views like this while staying there. No thoughts for change from my POV, just enjoying the grand vista here…:sunglasses:

Love that sky, Mark! The rest of the scene is pretty nice also. The bank of fog/clouds also add to the scene. Good job with the exposure too. I can see why this is a favorite!

Gorgeous view for sure, Mark. I can see why this is one of your favorites with the colorful sky and the low cloud sliding over the mountain peak. The snow on the mountains is also a nice touch.