Late light, clearing storm, Paradise Valley

Late light illuminates the Virga falling from the remaining clouds as a storm clears Montana’s Paradise Valley. (5D3, 24-105@ 43, 1/160 s, f/16, iso 200, tripod)

5 Likes

Stunning light show Mark. I am especially enjoying the wonderful dappled light on the mountains.

Beautiful scene and light, Mark. Maybe clone out the blue spot on the upper edge, but that is getting pretty dang picky. Gorgeous image.

I love the atmosphere you’ve captured with this image. Wonderful image. It took up all the space in my browser window so I couldn’t get the full impact until I downloaded it and provided space around the edges. You managed to shoot this at just the perfect time. Lots of romance and drama here.

This is a gorgeous image, full of amazing shapes and lines and color. Exquisite. No nits.

Gorgeous and interesting, with well-handled colors and tonalities! the mountains are the perfect base for the clouds, and very interesting in their own right. No nits or suggestions here!

Amazing sky and gorgeous light, both in the sky and as it hits the mountains. You’ve really captured that sense of awe.

Beautiful image Mark, the warm highlights are just gorgeous. What I love most about this image is how the shapes in the clouds have so much energy and life to them. The arc in the ULC, the radiating cloud lines in the right half, and the small patches of blue sky, all of these elements just add so much vitality to the image. My only nitpick would be the same as @Harley_Goldman, clone away the blue patch at the center top edge.

What a catch, Mark. This truly an inspiring image. Agree with others about the blue spot in the upper center.

This deserves to be printed, framed and enjoyed. Wow.