Rainbows over Paradise

After 36 hours of rain (and snow at higher elevations), I went roaming to see what might happen as the storm broke. With a good mix of showers and sun, I ended up following this rain storm for 20 minutes as it moved northeast along Paradise Valley. This view is from the high ground at Point of Rocks. The housing are on the far ridge is where our Montana home is located.

5D3, 24-105 F4 @ 95 mm, 1/40 s, f/16, iso 200, tripod

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Must have been a spectacular scene to watch unfold, Mark. Playing with some screen crops I think I’d crop a strip off the bottom to where the road intersects with the lower right frame edge. I don’t think the foreground adds much and this would place more emphasis on the sky.

Mark: Easy to see why this is so named. Love the light for sure. I can see the crop suggestion but this works very well for me as is. Makes me green with envy. >=))>

Mark, it’s nice to see your persistence paid off with this wonderful scene. The colors and lighting are really beautiful. Paradise Valley is so special, what a place to call home!

Pretty nice place to call home, Mark. I really love Montana, and Paradise Valley has to be on of the sweet spots. I love storm light and you captured it nicely.

The rainbow really shines against that dark sky. I like the smaller second one you captured as well!

Nice work, Mark. The rainbows contrast well with the dry landscape. I think a little crop from top and bottom would also work.
:vulcan_salute:

That was quite a show for you. I like the cropped version. It really emphasizes the sky and rainbow far more for me. Sweet spot for a home!