Pasqueflower

What technical feedback would you like if any?

All feedback is welcome.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
105mm macro lens, 1/125 sec, f5.6, iso800. Processed in lightroom. I thought a square crop worked best.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

annalwilson

3 Likes

Anna, this is a fine look at this Pasque flower, with all of it’s stamen nicely sharp. You’ve also caught the bow nicely. The background works well in creating a very warm and inviting view. As a minor improvement, a light touch of burning-in on the leaves at the bottom left would let the flower stand out even more.

Thanks for the suggestion, Mark! I’ll give it a try.

A nice look at this beautiful flower, Anna. I love how the flower bows over, and is more at a three quarters view. That background is soft enough to not distract from the subject. Well done.

I like your plane of focus and depth of field, Anna. The details in the flower center and far petals are exquisite, while still maintaining a nicely soft feel to the image.

Thanks Shirley and Dennis! Shooting with the macro lens gives me fits sometimes.