Peak Lighting - From Dayville Road

Another view from Dayville Road, looking across the bay to the sunlit mountains on the other side. This was taken a little while before my last post so there is more sun on the mountains and a little more light in the shade. The long span of the mountain peaks cried out for a panorama view so I stitched 2 horizontal photos.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: Yes
Sony a6300, SEL1670Z @ 27 mm, ISO-250, f/8.0, 1/800, hand held, 2 horizontal photos stitched.

@garyminish
1 Like

I don’t think this one works nearly as well as the one you previously posted. Here you have used a panorama, which really accentuates the horizontality of the vista. Which is fine except for me, the reader, it feels like everything in the foreground, as pretty as it is, is blocking my way - there’s no opening, there’s no way in. That feels vaguely frustrating and, in my opinion, defeats the purpose of panorama, which generally celebrates expanse, not close-up.

Hi GAry

Whilst I havent seen your earlier post, I do like this a lot and in fact took the liberty to process this my way - good or bad - only a matter of taste
I do think though the bottom brush is a distraction. The main story is in those sun-capped mountains with I have attempted to hone in

Spectacular view! I wonder about even more of a crop such as @Karl_Zuzarte did, but the saturation feels too high. Maybe halfway between? I like the trees on the right, and then the group on the left provides some balance. Maybe this is one for a extreme pano. I did a subtle burn bottom and to and removed the jet trail.