Peak Lighting - From Dayville Road

Another shot of the sunlit North mountains of Port Valdez, taken in the shade of the South mountains. To capture most of the light on the long line of peaks I shot & stitched two horizontal photos. One of my favorite landscapes of 2022.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feedback is appreciated.

Technical Details

Sony a6300, SEL1670Z @ 27 mm (40 mm w/crop factor), ISO-250, f/8.0, 1/800, hand held.

5 Likes

I love how the mountain glow and the way the clouds surround it. It is a very peaceful image. I think that if you crop a little from the bottom - where you have some branches on two sides, the image will be cleaner and more focused on the main event. But really nice. I also wondered if you tried to convert to black and white as that might be interesting.

Beautiful light and color!! I might consider a slight crop from the left, to remove the small lighted peak on the edge. But definitely worthy of a favorite!

I can understand that this is one of your favorites! The light on the mountain ridge is just amazing, andyou have managed the colors in the image very well. The clouds and the trees pleasingly frames the mountains. I agree with Diane´s crop proposal.