Valdez North Side - Double View

This is my first panorama image of the year and one of my favorites because it is actually extremely rare in Valdez to have blue sky and calm seas at the same time. This was taken from the beach on the South side of the bay and looking at the Mountains on the North side, directly behind the city. The sun was going down so it was only hitting the mountain peaks which made for some nice contrasting light.

Definitely should be viewed large as possible!

Specific Feedback Requested

All feedback is appreciated.

Technical Details

4 horizontal photos stitched: Sony a6500, SEL1670Z @ 19mm, ISO-250, f/8.0, 1/640, hand held.

1 Like

Woah, that’s impressive. Glad the universe gave you the gift of blue and calm and you were there to do this. I wish I had a much bigger screen!

Geez, Gary. I can’t even imagine being there and seeing this is person. . .although I sure would love to have been there! Outstanding photo.

Hi Gary,
This is a really good view of those mountains, I was there years ago and I’m sure the scene wasn’t nearly as good as what this is.
Good job on the stitch!
This is another good reason to have two large monitors, I downloaded it and stretched it across both of them, the little bar in the middle didn’t detract, I just ignored that part :slight_smile: You’re right, it needs to be viewed large to be fully appreciated.

It’s going to be nice viewing everyone’s favorites and I can see why this is one of yours.

Gary, this is a fine mix of dramatic (with the long range of snow covered mountains) and peaceful (with the blue sky and quiet water).

Oh my, that’s stunning!