"Peggy's Cove"

What technical feedback would you like if any?

All comments are valued.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All comments are valued.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

Sony A7R2, Metabones Smart Adaptor, Canon 24-70m F2.8 @ 30mm, ISO 100, 1/90 sec @ f/19.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

dougbluntphotos

1 Like

Ah, Peggy’s Cove. Nice sharp image of the area. Great lighting. Brings back pleasant memories.
BTW the house on top of the hill is yellow. Can you tone down the green hue?

Isn’t it amazing how sometimes a clear, cloudless sky is exactly right.

Patricia, you are absolutely right about the yellow house. In processing colors generally, I didn’t even notice the house had turned slightly green :wink:

Thanks Tony. Yes, the sky seemed to work well on this early morning, with the boat reflections and all. I appreciate the comment!

I think it is a lovey artistic impression of the scene. I might desaturate the lime green some. It’s hard for me to decide if it adds to the scene or is distracting a bit?

Lovely scene, like a postcard! Like said, the greens are a bit strong, and there seems to be some pink in the poles on the right. Maybe play some more with the colors to balance them a bit more. Looks like a cozy spot!

Doug,

Most certainly a beautiful and picturesque scene. Someone mentioned, postcard - for sure and a great image for a travel brochure…

I agree on the neon greens. While the colors really make the scene pop, they’re a little over the top for me. Plus, I think reducing green generally, will result in some prettier blue, I think.

Lon

ps. I’m going to go ahead and move this to the non-nature category. Pretty much the main subject here is not about nature. Thanks for sharing!

Very nice image, Doug, so beautifully composed with the deep red shapes framing the delicate hues of the buildings, all yielding a sense of tranquillity. A real keeper !!

Thanks for the comments on colors. Constructive comments, and I’ll make the corrections. TX!